Castle Batch is an exciting, forward thinking and dynamic primary academy, with a dedicated team of staff who look to bring out the best in all our children not just academically, but also on a social and emotional level. We have a strong ethos of inclusion in relation to our SEND children. The school has a specialist Language Base which supports children with speech and language disorders.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person to work as part of our Key Stage 2 Language Base team. You will be required to support Key Stage 2 children with speech and language disorder in their mainstream classes.
Working Hours: 7 hours and 20 minutes per week, term time only
. Monday to Thursday 1.10 – 3pm
The successful candidates will need:
- A good standard of education/ three or more GCSEs including maths and English at Grade C minimum or L2 literacy and numeracy
- Experience of successfully supporting children
- Creative and good at thinking ‘outside the box’
- An ability to adapt and respond to the needs of children
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working towards NVQ/VRQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Experience of working with children with speech and language disorders
- Makaton signing
We can offer you:
- A school ethos which puts the child right at the centre of all that we do
- A leadership team who are committed to your wellbeing, supporting you to focus upon the key things that make a difference for children
- Friendly, dedicated and supportive colleagues
- The opportunity to develop your career as part of a growing multi academy trust
- A fun and exciting approach to learning, where creativity and new ideas are highly valued
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 working days of the closing date, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date: 03/07/2020
Interview date: 13/07/2020
Castle Batch Primary School Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.