Learning Support Assistant – Yr1 (Afternoons) & Lunchtime Supervisor 1:1
Fixed term until 31/08/2021 linked to top-up funding
Hours: 16 hours 15 minutes per week:
Lunchtime Supervisor - 5 hours and 50 minutes, term time only
(Monday to Friday 12 – 1.10pm)
Learning Support Assistant - 10 hours and 25 minutes, term time only (Monday to Friday 1.10 – 3.15pm)
Castle Batch is an exciting, forward thinking and dynamic primary academy, which Ofsted judged to be ‘good’ (November 2017). Ofsted said, ‘Castle Batch is an inclusive school, characterised by very good relationships and a caring ethos’. The school has very committed staff who work creatively, in partnership with parents, to enable children to achieve great outcomes. We also place great emphasis on supporting children on a social and emotional level and have a strong ethos of inclusion in relation to our SEND children.
We are part of The Priory Learning Trust, comprising of local primary and secondary schools, enabling us to work closely with a range of practitioners from all phases of education. This is a very exciting time for Castle Batch and a great time to join us.
We are looking for a caring and patient person to work in our Year 1 class to support a child with special educational needs on a 1:1 basis. This is a top up funded contract and, as such, could end earlier if the child leaves the school.
The successful candidates will need:
- A good standard of education/ three or more GCSEs including maths and English at Grade C minimum or L2 literacy and numeracy
- Some experience of successfully supporting children
- Creative and good at thinking ‘outside the box’
- An ability to adapt and respond to the needs of the children
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate with the year group team and parents and children
- Working towards NVQ/VRQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification.
We can offer you:
- A school ethos which puts the child right at the centre of all that we do.
- A leadership team who are committed to your wellbeing, supporting you to focus upon the key things that make a difference for children
- Friendly, dedicated and supportive colleagues
- The opportunity to develop your career as part of a growing multi academy trust
- A fun and exciting approach to learning, where creativity and new ideas are highly valued
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Debbie Parker at the school to arrange an appointment.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 working days of the closing date, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The Priory Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
Castle Batch Primary School Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.